Monday, May 10, 2010

5k Run through the Vineyards

I ran my first ever 5k this past Saturday morning. It was the run through the vineyards in the wine country and let me tell you it was literally a run through the vineyards! Sand, dirt, potholes, wood chips, etc. Probably not the best one to start out on but was still a blast. Being that I had really never actually run longer than a mile consecutively before I was proud of myself for running the whole thing and finishing in 35:39!Jennifer and I before the race


Her cute sister made these signs for us!! So sweet!


The starting line

Coming into the finish line!


My dad and Justin came to support...my mom was in Utah surprising Blair at her cosmetology graduation!! Congrats Blair!!

The Yellin Yellow team...(and a couple of orange)


All of the VBLers who came!!



Overall it was such a great experience and I can't wait to do more. Maybe one on flat ground would be best :)

No comments:

Post a Comment