Wednesday, January 5, 2011

first day...

So let me begin this post with sharing that at this point in time I am super sick with a nasty head cold, Justin is at a convention at the Disneyland hotel until Sunday which I could have been at with him if I didn't have to start stinkin school, and I had my first day of classes today...

I have 6 classes this semester (well technically 5 1/4 since the lab is only 1 credit)

7:45- GEOG 101 lab
9:00- HIST 300
10:15- GEOG 101
11:30- ED PSYCH 304
ONLINE- SOC 111
ONLINE- D&C

So to begin the morning I drag myself out of bed to go out in the freezing temperatures to scrap ice off of my car (BTW could not be happier to have a car-I think I would have DIED if I had to walk-Literally) drive up to campus to park and although I paid for a parking permit I cannot find it anywhere because Justin put it somewhere when I was gone and now it is MIA.
Get to my Geography Lab where he tells us attendance isn't mandatory!!! WOOHOO!!! 7:45 would be the end of me! Thanks dad for being a geography teacher ;)
Next up HIST 300. I was nervous about this class before I even got there. Walk in and there are about maybe 17 students. Professor begins to scare us by telling us that the statistics are that 1/3 of the class will fail (did I mention the class is only 17 students-the odds aren't good).
Apparently its meant to weed out the wanna bees and the true historians (whatever that's supposed to mean)
Average grade is a C-. Great at this point my head is pounding, I need to blow my nose, and I think I just peed my pants in fear!
After a trip to the bathroom to blow my nose and to make sure I really didn't pee my pants I head out into the cold to my Geography class. Can already tell this is going to be the longest hour of them all. Now don't get me wrong I really like geography but I don't think the professor could be any more dry and monotone.
Last but not least ED PSYCH...by this point I could not wait to be done so I could just go crawl into bed with the option to blow my nose whenever I felt like it.
Now since this is an ED class all the students are aspiring teachers. We all remember the super weirdy teachers, the normal ones, and the super awesome ones (which will be me. HAHA. JK. well hopefully)
Anyhoo this class is not lacking in the weirdy department! Its full of them in fact. This should be an interesting semester.
Once that was over I headed to my car to find a warning for not having a permit...guess I better find that soon.
Came home, ate lunch, fell asleep for 4 1/2 hours, went to walmart to pick up medicine, Kleenex, and cupcakes (the remedy to any cold) and am now sitting here alone boring you all with my post. Whats a girl to do when her husbands gone??

5 comments:

  1. Lame, lame, lame!! What a bummer for you!! Hope you feel better and I really hope you enjoy your classes. They sound like fun. . .especially the ones with weirdos. . .those were always my favorite. They make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man...what a day! Hopefully the semester gets better as it goes on.
    I hate it when teachers scare the crud out of you and tell you that a third of the class will fail. Why do they have to do that?!? I wonder if there will still be 17 people in class the next time you go.
    Hope you feel better soon! Wish you could be at Disneyland with your hubby....dang school had to ruin it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice information, valuable and excellent design, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration, both of which I need, Very good points you wrote here..Great stuff...I think you've made some truly interesting points.Keep up the good work.
    car wreckers hobart
    cash for unwanted cars hobart

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read your excellent post. This is a great job. I have enjoyed reading your post first time. I want to say thanks for this post. Thank you.
    cash for old cars townsville
    cash for unwanted cars townsville

    ReplyDelete

  5. Thanks for sharing such nice information with us, I love your blog because most of the person wants to get rid of the problem of damaged car and they wish to remove it and want some handsome cash and I appreciate your blog for this info.
    cash for cars toowoomba
    cash for car toowoomba

    ReplyDelete