Sunday, August 9, 2009

Yet another health issue I just found out about...

I just got back some more results from the blood tests I did a week ago. It turns out that I have hyperthyroidism. Here is the gist of it...

Hyperthyroidism occurs when the thyroid gland makes too much thyroid hormone. Excess thyroid hormone can cause symptoms such as tiredness, weight loss, increased heart rate, heat intolerance, sweating, irritability, anxiety, muscle weakness, and thyroid enlargement.


Why did I not get the weight loss symptom? Can someone please explain to me why I am not that lucky!!! I do however have the tiredness, heat intolerance, sweating, irritability (Justin can tell you all about that one), anxiety, and muscle weakness!!!
Needless to say I have an appointment with my psychiatrist on wed. He was the one who wanted the blood work done in the first place to find out about my thyroid. Then I will be seeing my doctor to try to get this all regulated!!
I guess its good to know because now I know why i feel like this all the time. And it gives me an excuse to be irritable. haha. just kidding!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am hypothyroid so we have the opposite problem. At least you don't have one of the symptoms that I have and that is hair loss. :)

    ReplyDelete