Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I'm Finally Where I Belong...

The first day of Spring Semester was today and I finally feel like I am where I belong. I am with my "peeps" for lack of a better word. As I sat in my first class this morning (Renaissance and Reformation) I felt at home. I have reached the point in my college career where I only have classes that apply to me. As we were doing introductions this morning one kid proudly exclaimed that he was a history major and he sucked at math. All of us gave an AMEN to that brother.

Writing Papers-I can do that
Reading lots of books- I can do that
Studying the lives of those in the past- Love to do that
Not ever having to complete another math problem- Gladly do that

This semester will be difficult. It will require a lot of hard work and discipline but I am excited because to me it is interesting. Justin looked at me funny this morning when I got home with a big smile on my face but unless you are passionate about the subject of history you will never understand the enjoyment that comes from studying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment