Thursday, April 14, 2011

Marriage

"It is so rewarding to be married. Marriage is wonderful. In time you begin to think alike and have the same ideas and impressions. You have times when you are extremely happy, times of testing, and times of trial, but the Lord guides you through all of those growth experiences together." -Richard G. Scott

This quote is from Elder Scott's talk "The Eternal Blessings of Marriage" from this past conference. I am so grateful for the words that he spoke and for the testimony of marriage he gave. We live in a world where marriage is not held as anything sacred. It is more of a lets try it out and if it doesn't work out oh well kind of thing. I love being married and I am so grateful that I was lucky enough to marry my best friend. I am also so grateful that Justin and I were able to be sealed in the temple because I think it gives us as Latter Day Saints a different perspective on marriage. It is forever and it is to be worked on and cherished not just thrown to the side when things get rough. I am grateful for Justin's sunny disposition and for the wonderful man he is. I snagged a good one. Here's to marriage!!

No comments:

Post a Comment