Sunday, October 17, 2010

Pet Peeve


We had stake conference this weekend which by the way was great! However both last night and this morning we had the privilege of sitting next to two terrible children and their respective parents. The one little girl was covered in some sort of brown stuff, had no shoes on, made sure to hit me several times, and laughed and cried the whole meeting. The little boy this morning decided that he would use his toy horse to bang on the metal chair while his mother just looked straight ahead. He also kept hitting the guy next to him and throwing temper tantrums.


Now don't get me wrong I now love children (I used to hate them) but I have a real problem with children that are loud, obnoxious, whiny, dirty, and mean in church and their parents pay no attention to them! I mean come on! Seriously?! What is the deal here.


I've come up with a theory...I think because everyone and their brother pretty much has a young child that they think that no one will care if their kid is screaming at the top of their lungs in church so they never bother to take them out.


I remember when I had one of those stupid computerized dolls in my child development class in high school that as soon as that thing started to cry in sacrament meeting I booked it!


I can't say how I will be as a parent because I am not currently one, but I can tell you one thing-my kid will not be screaming in sacrament meeting while I just listen as if nothing is wrong. I'm sorry but there are some people who would like to hear and feel the Spirit...just saying. I know you would like to hear too but that's just a sacrifice you have to make when you have young children...that's why there are speakers in the foyer.


Well enough of my rambling, i just had to see how you guys feel about this...don't mean to offend anyone.


Hope you have a great week!


6 comments:

  1. I ABSOLUTELY agree Casey!!! I take my kids out atthe slightest noise. They go straight to the car in there car seat for time out. We only have to do it once in a while now but they know we dot mess around.

    I don't enjoy the messy yucky thing. And that has been harder for me to control. I have diaper wipes in every nook and crany of our house and car for the sticky fingers and faces!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree! I am so conscious about bothering other people, that as soon as lucy starts crying, one of us books it so she's not a bother. You'd be patting me on the back right now, i just know it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with you.
    i once saw a kid go screaming up all the way to the speaker in the middle of their testimony and the parent was still seated in the back row waiting for the kid to come back.. 0.o i think there's managable noises and then there's the point where you need to go outside

    ReplyDelete
  4. ALWAYS has been a pet peeve of mine. And no it doesn't change when you have kids... it still bugs just as much. People! Take your noisy kids out!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huge Huge pet peeve of mine and I own two small people :):) I do not do "messy" kids...wipes are my best friend and I dont care if I use a pack a day, I will not have dirty kids!! And if my kids make any kind of noise we high tale it out of where ever we are!! Church, out to dinner, shopping...its rude not to...especially if I'm out on a date with Bryan, I dont go out to hear other peoples kids...I have my own two at home :):)

    ReplyDelete